Thursday, March 09, 2006

A Fish Story

Sometimes a thought just snippets and you just don’t know what to do with it.

I’ve always been told that we Thompsons were a simple race of mongrels. Really, who in the U.S. isn't these days? With new evidence to the contrary, however, I know I must have some Celtic heritage, demonstrated by some recent info I found on the web. No surprise, though, my family having come from England. Said info is mostly associated with those of Celtic backgrounds, by the way. I’ll let your respective imaginations run away with you all.

More recently, I stumbled across this in some recent research and found it fascinating:

http://irelandsown.net/birthsigns.html

Check it out. Bet you didn’t know you HAD an Irish zodiac sign! So, according to the European (traditional) zodiac, I am a lion; the Chinese zodiac, I am a dragon. Pretty tough, huh?

According to THIS zodiac, however, I am a salmon. Ooooh, tough guy! Johnny “The Salmon” Thompsonini. Look for me to show up in new episodes of The Sopranos--or maybe wrapped up in your next sushi roll. I always thought my rosy pink flesh was good for something...a little dill, a little butter...

[Intercom SFX: Donner, party of 8, Donner, party of 8......Donner, party of 7, Donner, party of 7......Donner, party of 6, Donner, party of 6...]

Unfortunatly, all record of the ur-Thompson arriving on these hallowed shores had been lost in a fire.

Sometimes you’re the fisherman. Sometimes you’re the fish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home