Wednesday, March 22, 2006

...and a banana for your monkey!

I had meant to post this much earlier but I've recently gotten busy with work--and other things that have currently preoccupied my mind.

To begin with, I told a writer friend that I'd like to post info about his new book on this blog So, here it is, along with an image of the author and the cover of his book. Some of you have already been informed of the book release, this is for those of you who have not.

In the spirit of Mr. C's book, I would also like to post whatever images I have of monkeys.

A few months ago, I freelanced at an agency in the city and worked with an AE who explained to me that he really liked monkeys in TV commercials. This was about the time of the Super Bowl and is concurrent as well with other well known commercial running on TV. It is an old advertising axiom (maybe even specific to the Super Bowl ad no-so-free-for-all) that animals (and sex) moves product. Personally, I think the infamous "wardrobe malfunction" was not at all what it was said to be. I htink it was intentional. Funny, when I was watching that show, I was the only one in the room who saw it. I turned to ask the others if THEY had seen it, but they were all preoccupied with other things. At first, I thought I had hallucinated it. Later it was obvious I hadn't. Poor Janet. She just wanted to make a few mammaries.

Well, I think, yes, monkeys are funny in TV commercials. One of my favorite movie series as a child was Planet of the Apes, Escape from the Planet of the Apes, Abbot & Costello Go to the Planet of the Apes, Slightly to Left of the Planet of the Apes, etc. My grandmother in Nebraska once even had a Spider Monkey caged in her basement. WEIRD! I remember once when it got out, I walked up the stairs from the basement, saw it eating butter, or something, on her kitchen table and was terrified--I was always afraid of spiders, hahaha! Where she got that monkey I'll never know. Maybe, since my dad reads this blog, he may enlighten us! My grandmother used to have a lot of weird animals--barn owls, raccoons, a Ted Bird, my cousins and I... Maybe that's why I've owned snakes, ferrets, and other animals. Runs in the family. Funny, no monkeys (except Alexander!)

I've attached the few monkey drawings I HAVE done to augment this post.

[Sorry, Scott, the only way I could fit Chimpie in was thusly. Hey, at least it's another monkey book!!]


The title of, and this post itself, is dedicated to my friend, Julianne (seashell eyes), and her own little monkey, Annie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home